|Smoke blocking the sunlight in Portland|
Welcome to the first week of school! I enjoyed meeting students and families yesterday for Open House, and I am looking forward to a great week of learning with the students and then Back to School Night on Friday with the parents/guardians. Parents, please make sure to scroll down to read about your homework assignment before Back To School Night! This is a quick run-down of what my newsletters are like. Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekThis section is where I put the name of the Person of the Week (POW). More details here.
Topics to Talk About at HomeAs a father myself, I know that it can often be extremely difficult to try and get my own children to give me details when I ask them what they did at school that day. This section is where I put some details about specific topics that you can talk with your child about, so that you can hopefully have a meaningful conversation with them! :-)
- This section is where I list all of the upcoming events relevant to my classroom.
- Sep 08 - School Pictures (forms were distributed into student mailboxes at Open House)
- Sep 08 - Back To School Night (parents/guardians only) (6:30-8:30pm)
- Oct 06 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:00am-12:00pm)
- Oct 13 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct ?? - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (date/time coming soon)
- View the Classroom Calendar for more
Curriculum and Exams
- This section is where I briefly explain a bit about what we will be learning in each subject, what our general plans are for the week, and any upcoming exams to be ready for. This week we will be practicing procedures, getting organized, learning rules/consequences, and getting to know each other!
The following link is my Back To School Night presentation that I would like my parents to watch BEFORE coming to Back To School Night. Watching this beforehand will save us time during the event and allow us to have more opportunities for questions, conversations, and getting to know each other better. Enjoy! :-)
>> Flipped Back To School Night - Mr. Riedl on YouTube
Back To School Night is this Friday, from 6:30-8:30pm. Only parents (no kids) are invited to come back to the classroom and bring any questions you might have about me and/or my classroom. I will briefly show you how to navigate my website and how to stay involved, and the rest of the time we can chat. Additionally, since our class switches rooms with Mrs. Hawkins' class for Social Studies, she would love to meet you and answer any specific Social Studies questions or other general questions you might have for her. We are looking forward to you joining us!
Other School-wide EventsBe sure to read the WHCS Weekly News to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. It is emailed to the entire school regularly on Friday afternoons. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 (mobile) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Hawkins | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com