|Watching the inauguration, then writing about it|
Congratulations to our very own, Sam Armour, for getting 2nd place in our school's Geography Bee on Friday! We were so excited to see him do well, and we are proud of you, Sam!! Additionally, we had quite a memorable event earlier that day in the classroom watching the inauguration. That was the first time I've ever shown a presidential inauguration in class with my students. It was fun! Let's all remember to pray for our new president! No matter what our opinion of him is, I hope we can all pray that God will work through President Trump to do his job to the best of his ability. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekEzra Flores!
Topics to Talk About at HomeIf you have not yet talked to your child about the events over the weekend (i.e., the presidential inauguration, the protests, the women's march, etc.) then please do so! I actually just realized I haven't talked to my kids about it yet... so I'll have to take my own advice! 😊 These current events are a big part of history in the making, and it's easy to forget to talk about it as a family. You can ask them, "What do you remember talking about in class?" After the inauguration, they wrote answers to these questions, which I put up on the board: 1) What are your first thoughts after watching the inauguration? 2) How do you feel about the process of electing a new president? Is it same as your parents' feelings? 3) What are some positive and negative things you’ve heard about President Donald Trump? What do you think about him? 4) If you were president, what would you do to change the country to make it better? 5) Describe what you learned after watching the Inauguration. ... Feel free to continue the conversation at home! 🇺🇸
- Jan 31 - Lion King musical: After school rehearsal (3:05-5:00)
- TBD - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (waiting on confirmation from volunteer coordinator)
- Feb 03 - Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Feb 07 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (10:00-12:30)
- Feb 10 - Hoop-a-thon Assembly
- Feb 15 - Progress Reports emailed
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses Serves God | Memory verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Friday
- Math - Chapter 2 | Test Thursday
- Science - Movement & Control Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit | Trading Cards Project due 1/30
- Read Aloud - The Invisible Girls (abridged) by Sarah Thebarge (my friend!)
- Reading - Lit Groups: Choosing new books!
- Writing - Paragraph writing
- Spelling - Unit 8
- Grammar - Verbs Unit | Quiz Friday: Irregular Verbs "fly" to "run"
- Other - N/A
News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 (call/text) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com