|Building boxes for our BookShelfie carousel|
I was glad to be back for a great first week of 2017, and I hope the ice doesn't keep us away for another day of learning tomorrow! Stay tuned... 🌨❄️ Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekMiles Corrigan!
Topics to Talk About at HomeWe built boxes in class on Friday. They will be used on the carousel shelf to showcase their BookShelfie pictures in class. This is another way for students to collaborate about their favorite books. Why is it important to learn skills like building and crafting boxes with our hands, rather than just purchasing boxes from the store?
0609 - Report cards emailed
- Jan 13 - Geography Bee (2:15 in Auditorium)
- Jan 16 - No School (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- TBD - Field Trip: Neighborhood House
- Feb 03 - Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Feb 07 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (10:00-12:30)
- [more] - click to view My Calendar on Bloomz
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses Serves God | Memory verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12
- Math - Chapter 2 | Test TBD
- Science - Light & Sound Unit | Test Thursday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Reading - Book Journals
- Writing - Paragraph writing
- Spelling - Unit 7
- Grammar - Verbs Unit | Quiz Friday: Irregular Verbs "fly" to "run"
- Other - N/A
HERE is all the info. If your student participated in Chorale, they're automatically registered unless I receive an email to the contrary. New members must register by Wednesday, Jan.11th. Hakuna Matata!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 (call/text) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com