This Friday we will be the 5th and 6th Grade Christmas Concert and Art Show! The Art Show portion of the evening is new this year, so you definitely don't want to miss it (Please read the message from Mrs. Bates below). This is also the last week to donate for the Take Action INC food drive, so please bring in donations to help kids who don't have much to eat at home on the weekends. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekCole Saldanha!
Topics to Talk About at HomeLast week we did a new activity called "Tableau," which involved working as a team to pose in a way that describes their chosen vocabulary word. Check out the pictures I took of their groups on Bloomz! (more details about Bloomz below)
- Dec 09 - Christmas Concert & Art Show - 5th/6th Grade (7:00)
- Dec 13 - Band Concert (7:00)
- Dec 15 - Class Party: Christmas! (2:00-3:00)
- Dec 15 - End of 1st Trimester
- Dec 16 to Jan 02 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 03 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 06 - Report cards emailed
- [more] - click to view My Calendar on Bloomz
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 5: Joseph | Memory verse: Genesis 50:20 | Quiz Friday
- Math - Chapter 2
- Science - Light & Sound Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Reading - Story of the Week: Davy Crockett Saves the World
- Writing - Daily microwriting
- Spelling - Unit 6
- Grammar - Verbs Unit
- Other - N/A
Gifts for Reading BuddiesWe will be exchanging gifts with our Reading Buddies in 1st grade at our Reading Buddy Christmas Party. Gifts should either be hand-made or less than $5 total if store-bought. The party will be on Thursday, Dec. 15th, at 1pm in our classroom, and we will participate in fun activities together, exchange gifts, have story time, and eat some tasty popcorn! We are excited!!
Switching From Remind to BloomzIt is not typical of me to switch my method of communication to parents midway through the year. However, when I discovered Bloomz several weeks ago, I couldn't contain my excitement for it! Not only does it do most everything that Remind does (free app, email or text notifications), but it also includes easier methods for sharing links, photos, calendar events, and communication between parents.
You will still be able to contact me via Remind, but I will no longer send newsletter updates via Remind. Bloomz will be my main method of communication from now on. So, if you haven't already joined us on Bloomz, then go to bloomz.com, click "Join Bloomz" and enter VJ4VDG to join my class. You'll see some pics of the students I already posted. I hope you love it too! (more info here... you can join via text too!)
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 (call/text) | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org