|Reading Buddies visiting our room|
Thanks again to all the parents who helped out with the party before Thanksgiving Break! We had a great time. It was also great to meet with so many families last week as we successfully got through our Student-Led Conferences! I was very proud of my students as a whole. The month of December usually zips by quickly, so let's be sure to work hard the next few weeks and earn the long Christmas Break ahead of us. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekNolan Hammon!
Topics to Talk About at Home NEW!*** This is a new section that I will be including in my weekly newsletters. As a father of a kid in elementary school, I have felt like it has been helpful to talk about specific things with him regarding what he is learning. I hope this is helpful to other parents who want to connect with their child deeper than just asking them how their day was and they reply with "Fine." ***
Please remind your child of their goal, which they wrote down during our conference last week. Ask them open-ended questions about what specific steps they'll be taking this week that will help them achieve their goal.
- Nov 29 - Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:05-4:00)
- Dec 09 - Christmas Concert & Art Show - 5th/6th Grade (7:00)
- Dec 13 - Band Concert (7:00)
- Dec 15 - Class Party: Christmas! (2:00-3:00)
- Dec 15 - End of 1st Trimester
- Dec 16 to Jan 02 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 03 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 06 - Report cards emailed
- [more] - click to view My Calendar on Bloomz
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 5: Joseph | Memory verse: Genesis 50:20
- Math - Chapter 2
- Science - Space Unit | Test Thursday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Mesopotamia Unit | Test Thursday
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Reading - Story of the Week: Miss Alaineus
- Writing - Daily microwriting
- Spelling - Unit 6
- Grammar - Verbs Unit
- Other - Music Lyrics Quiz #2 Monday
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com