|First trip to Neighborhood House!|
We had a successful trip to Neighborhood House last week! We enjoyed learning about the food pantry and sorting food donations. This week, I will be preparing the students for leading their parents at conferences on November 21st and 22nd. Please read more about it here: Student-Led Parent Conferences. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekClaire Samsel!
- Nov 08 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (12:00-1:30)
- Nov 10 - Honored Guest Morning (8:30-11:30)
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 18 - Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 18 - Class Party: Thanksgiving! (2:00-3:00)
- Nov 21-22 - Student-Led Conferences (more info here)
- Nov 23-25 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 3: Jacob | Memory verse: Ephesians 4:24 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Friday
- Math - Chapter 1: Place Value, Multiplication, and Expressions
- Science - Space Unit | Space Project due 11/15 (more info below)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Island Map presentations | Begin Mesopotamia Unit
- Read Aloud - Wonder: The Julian Chapter by R.J. Palacio
- Reading - Reading Goals
- Writing - Dress Ups
- Spelling - Unit 4
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Test Tuesday
- Other - Preparing for Student-Led Conferences
HERE, which includes the waiver you need to print and sign. If you don't have a working printer at home, let me know and I can print it at school and send it home. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions!
Space ProjectThe fifth graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on Tuesday, November 15th. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Lego pieces and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects. The projects should be small enough to fit on a desk top. Ideas may include but are not limited to: A model of a space station, a device to help astronauts eat/drink/work in space, a space suit, a spacecraft, robot/rover with a specific purpose, a tool to use in space, a space colony or biosphere, design a sport to play in space, etc. Please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl or Mrs. Swain. Have fun creating!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org