|Field Trip to Tryon Creek State Park|
I received some great feedback from parents this week after I sent my email about general student behavior. Thank you for supporting me at home and reminding your children to be respectful learners! I am confident that this week will be our best week so far. A great incentive to remind your child about is to be able to earn back the privilege of choosing their own seat again! Additionally, this week I will begin collecting signed waivers for students to serve at Neighborhood House (details below). Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekJack Hines!
- Oct 18 - Picture Retakes
- Oct 20 - Mr. and Mrs. Riedl's Anniversary!
- Oct 25 - Chorale T-Shirt Day & After School Practice (3:05-4:00)
- Oct 25 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 1 (12:00-1:30)
- Oct 26 - Progress Reports Emailed
- Nov 08 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (12:00-1:30)
- Nov 10 - Honored Guest Morning (8:30-11:30)
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 2: Abraham | Memory verse: Hebrews 11:17 |
- Math - Chapter 1: Place Value, Multiplication, and Expressions
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit | Test Thursday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Reading - Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Writing - Guessing game: Letters to Mr. Riedl
- Spelling - Unit 4
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Quiz Friday: Prepositions Memorization (D-O)
- Other - Music - Lyric Quiz 10/24
HERE, which includes the waiver you need to print and sign. If you don't have a working printer at home, let me know and I can print it at school and send it home. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions!
Grades Updated Online!Please visit the Grade Book Info page on my website for details about how to view student grades online. There are also details on that page about what to do if students have missing work, the procedures for how to deal with it, and how to earn back points for any low scores. The first graded work packet should have already come home, and please remember DO NOT recycle any graded work! More info here. Let me know if you have any questions.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org