|Helping with the NCO drive|
This short week is Spiritual Emphasis Week at West Hills. Please remember we do not have school on Thursday or Friday! Monday we will go on our first field trip to Tryon Creek State Park. Read more info below. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekNone!
- Oct 10 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:00-12:00)
- Oct 13 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 14 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 18 - Picture Retakes
- Oct 25 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 1 (12:00-1:30)
- Oct 26 - Progress Reports Emailed
- Nov 08 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (12:00-1:30)
- Nov 10 - Honored Guest Morning (8:30-11:30)
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 2: Abraham | Memory verse: Hebrews 11:17 |
- Math - Chapter 1: Place Value, Multiplication, and Expressions
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit | Test 10/20
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Reading - Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Writing - Guessing game: Letters to Mr. Riedl
- Spelling - Unit 3
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Quiz Wednesday: Prepositions Memorization (A-C)
- Other - Music - Lyric Test #1 10/24
Tryon Creek State Park is a very large park with long trails, so we will be traveling a relatively long distance on foot. Wear hiking boots or tennis shoes, and depending on the weather forecast, remember your rain jacket. Additionally, we will be returning to school by lunch time, so we will not be bringing our lunches with us.
Graded Work PacketsGraded work is usually returned to students each Friday. All of the assignments that were entered into the grade book that week are stapled together into a graded work packet for the students to keep at home. I repeatedly remind students to NEVER recycle graded work until after they receive their report cards at the end of the term. It is important to save all graded work in case there is a mistake in the grade book, then the student can bring it in and show me it was indeed completed and graded. I will immediately update the grade book to fix the error. More information about grades on the Grade Book Info page.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com