|Meeting our Reading Buddies!|
We have been enjoying Reading Buddies with Mrs. Mickel's 1st graders so far this year! It is a great opportunity for our class to be leaders to these kids and develop relationships with them. We are all looking forward to another positive week of learning and growth! Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekAddie Conrad!
- Oct 10 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:00-12:00)
- Oct 13 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 14 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 18 - Picture Retakes
- Oct 25 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 1 (12:00-1:30)
- Oct 26 - Progress Reports Emailed
- Nov 08 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (12:00-1:30)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 1: God's Word Is True | Memory verse: Romans 15:4 |
- Math - Chapter 1: Place Value, Multiplication, and Expressions
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Reading - Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Writing - Guessing game: Letters to Mr. Riedl
- Spelling - Unit 2
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Quiz 10/12: Prepositions Memorization (A-C)
- Other - N/A
Tryon Creek State Park is a very large park with long trails, so we will be traveling a relatively long distance on foot. Wear hiking boots or tennis shoes, and depending on the weather forecast, remember your rain jacket. Additionally, we will be returning to school by lunch time, so we will not be bringing our lunches with us.
Measuring Academic Progress (MAP)Fall MAP begins soon for the entire school. Just a reminder, MAP is the standardized testing used at West Hills to track student growth as they continually learn more. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast and lunch, and does not have interruptions (i.e. doctor appointment) during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- MAP Schedule TBD ... stay tuned!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | RiedlTeach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org