|Cave Canem Mosaic Dog Art|
This is Mr. Johnson's final week in our classroom. We appreciate all that he has done teaching the students and working hard learning how to be a great teacher! We wish him the best in the future and look forward to Friday's special goodbye! :-) Tuesday will also be the final trip to Neighborhood House! Hopefully we have all enjoyed serving and learning about those in our city who are constantly struggling with having enough money for food. Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekLauren Michael!
- May 16 - Outdoor School Meeting about 6th Grade (After the 7pm Parent Meeting; Mr. Middleton's Room)
- May 17 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (details below)
- May 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- May 26 - Class Party: All Birthdays!
- May 27 - No School | Teacher Work Day
- May 30 - No School | Memorial Day
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 18/19: Saul | Verse: 1 Samuel 12:24 | Lesson & Verse Quiz TBD
- Math - Chapter 9
- Science - Plants Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit | Research Paper Outline due Thursday
- Reading - Middle Ages Research Paper
- Read Aloud - Poems from Shel Silverstein
- Writing - Middle Ages Research Paper | Daily microwriting
- Spelling - In-class practice | Weekly application in Exploratory
- Grammar - Daily microwriting
- Other - Filming for Feel It video!
click here for more info.
Measuring Academic Progress (MAP)Spring MAP begins this week! Just a reminder, MAP is the standardized testing used at West Hills to track student growth as they continually learn more. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast and lunch, and does not have interruptions (i.e. doctor appointment) during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Monday, May 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday, May 18th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Thursday, May 19th, 2:10-3:00pm
- Friday, May 20th, 2:00-3:00pm
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org