The Riedl took off two days, one last week and one today, in order to let Mr. Johnson teach the entire day himself! We really appreciate having Mr. Johnson in the classroom to practice teaching and continue learning. I'll see you all again tomorrow!! Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekBeck Johnson!
- May 17 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (details below)
- May 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- May 26 - Class Party: All Birthdays!
- May 27 - No School | Teacher Work Day
- May 30 - No School | Memorial Day
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 18/19: Saul | Verse: 1 Samuel 12:24 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Friday
- Math - Chapter 8 | Test Tuesday
- Science - Plants Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit | Facts cards due Friday
- Reading - Poetry Unit | Test Friday
- Read Aloud - Poems from Shel Silverstein
- Writing - Poetry Unit | Daily microwriting
- Spelling - In-class practice | Weekly application in Exploratory
- Grammar - Daily microwriting
- Other - Filming for Feel It video!
Measuring Academic Progress (MAP)Spring MAP begins soon! Just a reminder, MAP is the standardized testing used at West Hills to track student growth as they continually learn more. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast and lunch, and does not have interruptions (i.e. doctor appointment) during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Monday, May 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday, May 18th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Thursday, May 19th, 2:10-3:00pm
- Friday, May 20th, 2:00-3:00pm.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com