|Planting seeds at Neighborhood House|
The Riedl family moved to our new apartment this weekend, hence the delay in sending out the newsletter. ;-) Filming for the Feel It video starts this week during recesses, so be sure to be thinking of fun ideas for what you want to do for this awesome 5th grade memory! Make it a great week, everyone!
Person of the WeekIan Wiebke!
- May 04 - Progress Reports Emailed
1017 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (details below)
- May 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- May 26 - Class Party: All Birthdays!
- May 27 - No School | Teacher Work Day
- May 30 - No School | Memorial Day
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 18/19: Saul | Verse: 1 Samuel 12:24 |
- Math - Chapter 8
- Science - Energy, Work, and Machines Unit | Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit | Proof of 3 books & 1 internet source due Monday
- Reading - Poetry Unit
- Read Aloud - Poems from Shel Silverstein
- Writing - Poetry Unit | Daily microwriting
- Spelling - In-class practice | Weekly application in Exploratory
- Grammar - Punctuation Unit | Test Wednesday
- Other - Filming for Feel It video!
Measuring Academic Progress (MAP)Spring MAP begins in a few weeks. Just a reminder, MAP is the standardized testing used at West Hills to track student growth as they continually learn more. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast and lunch, and does not have interruptions (i.e. doctor appointment) during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Monday, May 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday, May 18th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Thursday, May 19th, 2:10-3:00pm
- Friday, May 20th, 2:00-3:00pm.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com