|Aladdin: The Musical was a hit!|
Congratulations to all who made Aladdin: The Musical a huge success! I wish I could have been there to see it, but I'll definitely watch the video recording when it is released soon. As for the 5th grade, Mrs. Proulx and I tallied the results for the vote for the song for our 5th grade music video, and ... drum roll please ... it ... will ... be ... FEEL IT by TobyMac (click here to listen)! I know that there will be a lot of great things we can do with this song, so I'm excited to see all the creative juices flowing in the 5th grade! Also, since we are heading back to Neighborhood House this week, it would be great if each student would please bring TWO ITEMS to donate before this Tuesday (more details below). Make it a great week, everyone!
- Apr 26 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 1 (details below)
- Apr 28 - Class Reward: Pez Party Day! (details to follow later)
- May 04 - Progress Reports Emailed
1017 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (details below)
- May 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- May 26 - Class Party: All Birthdays!
- May 27 - No School | Teacher Work Day
- May 30 - No School | Memorial Day
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 18/19: Saul | Verse: 1 Samuel 12:24 |
- Math - Chapter 8
- Science - Energy, Work, and Machines Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Byzantine Empire Unit | Test Tuesday | Begin Middle Ages Unit
- Reading - Story of the Week: Rattlers!
- Read Aloud - The BFG by Roald Dahl
- Writing - Daily microwriting
- Spelling - In-class practice | Weekly application in Exploratory
- Grammar - Punctuation Unit
- Other - Music: Romantic Period Composers Test Wed
click here for more info.
Measuring Academic Progress (MAP)Spring MAP begins in a few weeks. Just a reminder, MAP is the standardized testing used at West Hills to track student growth as they continually learn more. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast and lunch, and does not have interruptions (i.e. doctor appointment) during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Monday, May 16th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday, May 18th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Thursday, May 19th, 2:10-3:00pm
- Friday, May 20th, 2:00-3:00pm.
Person of the WeekMaile Hurov!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com