|Chapel videos now on YouTube!|
We really enjoyed putting together last week's Chapel videos! If you missed it in person, or if you want to enjoy watching it again, please click here to view them on YouTube! This week is Spirit Week! Please remember the days to dress up...
- Monday = Movie Character Day
- Tuesday = Disney Day
- Wednesday = Lumberjack Day
- Thursday = Superhero Day
- Friday = Sports Day
This is the last week to raise money for our school for Hoop-A-Thon, so please be sure to visit whcshoop.com for more info! We are also going on a field trip this Tuesday, so please read details below. Make it a great week, everyone!
- NOW to Mar 04 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraising! (more info at whcshoop.com)
- Feb 29 to Mar 04 - Spirit Week! (details above)
- Mar 01 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (10:00-12:30, details below)
- Mar 04 - Hoop Day for Hoop-A-Thon Fundraiser
- Mar 08 - Field Trip: Rice NW Museum of Rocks & Minerals (9:00-1:30, details below)
- Mar 17 - Last day of 2nd Trimester
- Mar 18-27 - No School (Spring Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 11: Deborah | Verse: Psalm 121:1-2 | Quiz Monday
- Math - Chapter 4 | Test Tuesday
- Science - Rocks & Minerals Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Greece Unit | Test Thursday
- Reading - Begin novel study
- Read Aloud - Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- Writing - Finishing book reports in class
- Spelling - In-class practice
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit
- Other - Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Classical Quiz 3/14
Schnitz on Tuesday, March 1st to hear wonderful music. We will be taking a bus downtown from 10:00-12:30pm, so please let me know if you won't be able to make it. The students should wear walkable and comfortable shoes.
Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals - On Tuesday, March 8th, we will see amazing geological wonders at the Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals! A bus will take us to Hillsboro from 9:00-1:30pm, so please let me know if you won't be able to make the trip. We will be indoors for most of the time. Bring a sack lunch to be eaten there. If you would like to bring a little spending money to purchase something from the gift shop, that is optional. Last year each student was allowed to choose one rock from a pile outdoors to take home as a souvenir. Please let me know if you have any questions!
YearbooksBe sure to capture the memories of the school year by ordering your West Hills Christian School Yearbook today! They cost $20 each (and can be personalized for $5 more). Visit jostensyearbooks.com to order online. The deadline is Tuesday, March 1st! Wow, that is coming up quickly... I need to remember to order mine, too! :-)
Person of the WeekJameson Guffee!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com