|Gorgeous weather we've been having!|
Group 1 goes to Neighborhood House this Tuesday! Everyone (even those who aren't going this week) please bring one item to donate for the food pantry. Click here for more info about what kinds of donations are needed. Additionally, this week the students will be checking their academic progress so far this year by taking their Winter MAP. Please make sure they get plenty of rest this week, thank you! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Jan 26 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 1 (12:15pm, details below)
- Jan 26 - Aladdin Musical After School Rehearsal (3:05-4:05)
- Feb 09 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (12:15pm, details below)
- Feb 10 - Progress Reports Emailed
1211 - Class Party: Valentine's Day! (2-3pm)
- Feb 12 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Feb 15 - No School (Presidents' Day)
- Feb 16 - No School (Professional Development)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 10: Judges | Verse: Ephesians 2:8-9 |
- Math - Chapter 3 | Test Wednesday
- Science - Movement & Control Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Israel Unit | Test Thursday
- Reading - Stories from Treasures book
- Read Aloud - The Invisible Girls by Sarah Thebarge (Mr. Riedl's abridged version)
- Writing - Book reports in class
- Spelling - Wired For Reading spelling videos
- Grammar - Verbs Unit
- Other - Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Baroque Quiz 2/8
click here for more info.
Student Teacher Joining Us In February!I already told our students in class that I will be getting my very first student teacher next month! I remember how much I appreciated learning from other teachers and practicing what I learned from my classes when I was a student teacher. After meeting with Ryan Johnson about a month ago and having a great conversation, I am confident that his experience coming in to teach will not only benefit him and his future, but also the students and me as we are all life-long learners wanting to improve at what we do. The following is a message from Ryan, introducing himself:
Dear Parents and Families,
My name is Ryan Johnson and I am a senior elementary education major at Concordia University. I will be student teaching in Mr. Riedl's class for the rest of the school year and my first day will be on February 1st. I am very excited about the opportunity to be working and learning from Mr. Riedl, and also working with the students in this class. I am a Christian and have attended a Presbyterian church back home in Medford, Oregon my entire life. I look forward to meeting all of you and building relationships with the students in this class over the next few months.
Person of the WeekAndrew Schaaf!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com