|January Team Building: Cup Challenge|
Two great announcements!! I set the dates for volunteering at Neighborhood House for the winter term (details below). Also, a great opportunity for all of us is that we will be getting a student teacher in our classroom in February! His name is Ryan Johnson and he wrote you all a message, so please read it down below. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Jan 26 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 1 (12:15pm, details below)
- Feb 09 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House Group 2 (12:15pm, details below)
- Feb 10 - Progress Reports Emailed
- Feb 12 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Feb 12 - Class Party: Valentine's Day! (2-3pm)
- Feb 15 - No School (Presidents' Day)
- Feb 16 - No School (Professional Development)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 8: Joshua | Verse: Joshua 1:7 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Friday
- Math - Chapter 3
- Science - Light & Sound Unit | Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Israel Unit
- Reading - Book reports in class
- Read Aloud - The Invisible Girls by Sarah Thebarge (Mr. Riedl's abridged version)
- Writing - Book reports in class
- Spelling - Wired For Reading spelling videos
- Grammar - Verbs Unit
- Other - None
click here for more info.
Student Teacher Joining Us In February!I already told our students in class that I will be getting my very first student teacher next month! I remember how much I appreciated learning from other teachers and practicing what I learned from my classes when I was a student teacher. After meeting with Ryan Johnson about a month ago and having a great conversation, I am confident that his experience coming in to teach will not only benefit him and his future, but also the students and me as we are all life-long learners wanting to improve at what we do. The following is a message from Ryan, introducing himself:
Dear Parents and Families,
My name is Ryan Johnson and I am a senior elementary education major at Concordia University. I will be student teaching in Mr. Riedl's class for the rest of the school year and my first day will be on February 1st. I am very excited about the opportunity to be working and learning from Mr. Riedl, and also working with the students in this class. I am a Christian and have attended a Presbyterian church back home in Medford, Oregon my entire life. I look forward to meeting all of you and building relationships with the students in this class over the next few months.
Person of the WeekCarsten Lowe!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org