|Christmas tree grid art in hallway!|
GO TIMBERS!!! It was a good day today, as the Portland Timbers won their first MLS Cup championship! So much fun to celebrate with our city! It was also a blast to see our Chorale students perform at Washington Square Mall last week! The end of this week will conclude with the 5th/6th grade Christmas Program on Friday night. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Dec 11 - Christmas Concert, 5th/6th Grade (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 16 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 17 - Class Party: Christmas! (2-3pm)
- Dec 18 to Jan 03 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 04 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 08 - Report Cards Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses | Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12 | Lesson & Verse Quiz 12/15
- Math - Chapter 2 | Quiz Wed
- Science - Light & Sound Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit
- Reading - Preparing for book reports
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Writing - Preparing for book reports
- Spelling - Wired For Reading spelling video prep
- Grammar - Verbs Unit | Irregular Verbs Quiz Fri. ("be" to "fall")
- Other - None
Quick Note About Christmas Gifts For Mr. RiedlEvery year I am overwhelmed with the love from the West Hills families in the form of Christmas gifts. Although it is wonderful that my families want to give me gifts, I was hoping that this year we could do something a little different... My sister, Mrs. Anna Isbell, teaches a bilingual Kindergarten class at Riverside Elementary School in Milwaukie (a high poverty school), and she is in need of support. She wants to buy school supplies for her students, and she has created a DonorsChoose.org site to raise the money for the items. It would be such a wonderful gift to me if my students would go visit my sister's site and donate money to her students rather than buying anything for me. Then maybe my students would want to write me a card to tell me that they helped support other kids in other schools. :-) I would love that!!! This is just a suggestion-- thanks for being open to exploring other ways to show Jesus' love during the Christmas season!
Person of the WeekElla Frost!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org