|Space Projects are lookin' spiffy!|
Thanks again to all the parents who helped out with the party before Thanksgiving Break! We had a great time. It was also great to meet with so many families last week as we successfully got through our school's first ever Student-Led Conferences! I was very proud of my students as a whole. The month of December usually zips by quickly, so let's be sure to work hard the next few weeks and earn the long Christmas Break ahead of us. Also remember: no school Monday! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Nov 30 - No School (Professional Development)
- Dec 01 - Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:05-4:00)
- Dec 03 - Chorale Performance (6pm, Washington Square Mall, details below)
- Dec 11 - Christmas Concert, 5th/6th Grade (7pm, Auditorium)
1516 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 17 - Class Party: Christmas! (2-3pm)
- Dec 18 to Jan 03 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 04 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 08 - Report Cards Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses | Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12 |
- Math - Chapter 2 |
- Science - Space Unit | Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit
- Reading - New Reading Comprehension Strategy
- Read Aloud - Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Writing - See: Spelling
- Spelling - Wired For Reading spelling videos Introduction
- Grammar - Verbs Unit
- Other - [Music] - Lyric Quiz #2 Tuesday
Quick Note About Christmas Gifts For Mr. RiedlEvery year I am overwhelmed with the love from the West Hills families in the form of Christmas gifts. Although it is wonderful that my families want to give me gifts, I was hoping that this year we could do something a little different... My sister, Mrs. Anna Isbell, teaches a bilingual Kindergarten class at Riverside Elementary School in Milwaukie (a high poverty school), and she is in need of support. She wants to buy school supplies for her students, and she has created a DonorsChoose.org site to raise the money for the items. It would be such a wonderful gift to me if my students would go visit my sister's site and donate money to her students rather than buying anything for me. Then maybe my students would want to write me a card to tell me that they helped support other kids in other schools. :-) I would love that!!! This is just a suggestion-- thanks for being open to exploring other ways to show Jesus' love during the Christmas season!
Person of the WeekBen Lammers!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org