|Jack demonstrated his drone for us!|
As a child of the 80s, I am getting very excited about this Wednesday, 10/21/2015, which will be a once-in-a-lifetime event for fans of the Back to the Future trilogy! I am planning to show the hover board scene from Back to the Future Part II and then have a writing activity to go with it, so please let me know if you have any questions about the content of that memorable scene in the movie. Additionally, this Tuesday we will be volunteering at Neighborhood House for the first time! Unfortunately only half of the class will be able to go this time, but the other half will go on November 3rd. I will tell the students on Monday who will be in the first group. Everyone please try to bring just one item to donate to Neighborhood House, so we can show up with hearts to serve and also items to give! Click here if you want ideas for items to donate. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 19 - Vision, Hearing, Speech Screenings
- Oct 20 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 1) (12:25-1:45, more info below)
- Oct 20 - Mr. and Mrs. Riedl's 8th Anniversary!
- Oct 28 - Progress Reports Emailed
- Nov 03 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 2) (12:25-1:45, more info below)
- Nov 10 - Honored Guest Morning
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 20 - Class Party: Thanksgiving! (2-3pm)
- Nov 23-24 - Student Led Parent-Teacher Conferences (more info coming soon)
- Nov 25-27 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 3: Jacob | Verse: Ephesians 4:24 |
- Math - Chapter 2
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit | Research Assignment Due Monday | Unit Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit | Island Project (ongoing in class)
- Reading - Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Writing - Dress-ups
- Spelling - Wired For Reading spelling videos
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Quiz Friday: Prepositions (P-Z)
- Other - N/A
HERE, which includes the waiver you need to print and sign. If you don't have a working printer at home, let me know and I can print it at school and send it home. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions!
Person of the WeekKaren Robertson!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com