|Tryon Creek State Park!|
Thank so much to all of the parent volunteers who helped out with the Tryon Creek Field Trip last week! It turned out to be a great trip with wonderful weather and lots of learning. I had a great trip to Seattle (Edmonds, actually) for a Wired For Reading course, and I plan to implement many great things into the classroom that I learned! Due to changes in the MAP schedule, we will be finishing them up during Computer class this week. Lastly, please remember this will be a 4-day week since Friday will be a Professional Development Day for the teachers. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 09 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 20 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 1) (12:25-1:45, more info below)
- Oct 28 - Progress Reports Emailed
- Nov 03 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 2) (12:25-1:45, more info below)
- Nov 10 - Honored Guest Morning
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 20 - Friday Spirit Wear Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 20 - Class Party: Thanksgiving! (2-3pm)
- Nov 23-24 - Student Led Parent-Teacher Conferences (more info coming soon)
- Nov 25-27 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 2: Abraham | Verse: Hebrews 11:17 |
- Math - Chapter 1
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit | Research Assignment Due 10/19
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit | Island Project (ongoing in class)
- Reading - Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Writing - Dress-ups
- Spelling - Introduction to Wired For Reading
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Prepositions (A-C) Quiz 10/8
- Other - N/A
Field Trip: Neighborhood HouseWe will be going on our first trip to Neighborhood House on Tuesday, October 20th! Like I mentioned before, we will be splitting the class into two groups, and only one group will go serve at a time. I haven't decided on the groups yet... it will likely be based on who returns the waivers to me the quickest. Please read the important information about Neighborhood House HERE, which includes the waiver you need to print and sign. If you don't have a working printer at home, let me know and I can print it at school and send it home. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions!
Person of the WeekPOW this week will have to be postponed. :-(
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org