|Investigating "Sewer Lice" in Science|
This week will be very out of the ordinary! We will begin our Measuring Academic Progress (MAP) for the fall, so please read the info below. Secondly, our first field trip is this week! On Thursday, we will be hiking in Tryon Creek State Park and learning about ecosystems and decomposers. Lastly, I will be gone Thursday afternoon and Friday to participate in a teaching course up in Seattle. Let me know if you need to relay any information to the substitute teacher before I leave. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 01 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:20-12:00, more info below)
- Oct 09 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 20 - Field Trip: Neighborhood House (Group 1) (12:25-1:45, more info coming soon)
- Oct 28 - Progress Reports Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 1: God's Word Is True | Verse: Romans 15:4 | Lesson/Verse Quiz Wednesday
- Math - Chapter 1 | Quiz Wednesday
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit | Research Assignment Due 10/19
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit | Island Project (ongoing)
- Reading - Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Read Aloud - Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Writing - Dress-ups
- Spelling - Waiting before we begin the first unit
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit | Prepositions (A-C) Quiz
- Other - N/A
Tryon Creek State Park is a very large park with long trails, so we will be traveling a relatively long distance on foot. Wear hiking boots or tennis shoes, and depending on the weather forecast, remember your rain jacket. Additionally, we will be returning to school by lunch time, so we will not be bringing our lunches with us.
Measuring Academic Progress (MAP)Fall MAP begins this week for the entire school. Just a reminder, MAP is the standardized testing used at West Hills to track student growth as they continually learn more. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast and lunch, and does not have interruptions (i.e. doctor appointment) during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Tuesday, September 29th, 2:10-3:00pm
- Wednesday, September 30th, 2:00-3:00pm
- Thursday, October 1st, 2:10-3:00pm
- Friday, October 2nd, 2:00-3:00pm
Person of the WeekPaige Hampton!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-756-3309 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com