|Eva Joy Riedl's Baby Shower!|
Thanks so much to everyone who helped with Eva's Baby Shower last Friday! Jen, Nolan, Delaney, and I had a great time. We really appreciate all of the gifts for Eva and our family. This weekend we already went to Ikea to buy a new dresser, and we are so excited about it! The love we have felt pouring out from God through the families at our school is wonderful!
Other big news... I am about 99% done editing the 5th Grade Shake Music Video! One of the days this week, we will have a music video premiere for all of the 5th graders to view it. Later that day it will be available on my YouTube channel to friends, family, and anyone else who wants to see it. Be sure to like it and share it!
Also, please make sure to scroll down to the bottom of my newsletter to see how you can help me improve as a teacher. I would really appreciate your feedback by completing my survey. Thank you. Only 7 days of school left! Please remember that this Friday is the last day to turn in any missing/late work or Correction Forms... Make it a great week, everyone!
- Jun 08 - Field Trip: Tigard Bowl & Pizza Caboose (10:15-1:00)
- Jun 09 - Last Day of School! (11:30 dismissal)
- Jun 09 - All-school family picnic (11:45-2:00)
- Jun 12 - Report cards emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Review of Old Testament from Genesis to Samuel | We will be viewing The Bible (TV miniseries) in class this week (from the beginning to the story of David), discussing similarities/differences from what we studied in class this year. Please let me know if you have questions/concerns about the content of the film
- Math - Chapter 8 review & reteach
- Science - Plants Unit | Research Assignment due Monday | Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography end-of-the-year review
- Reading - Finish The Cay
- Writing - Poetry Unit | Creative Writing Project due Monday | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - No Spelling unit this week
- Grammar - Punctuation Unit | Test Friday
- Other - None
Survey to help Mr. Riedl become a better teacherI am continually learning and growing as a teacher, and I appreciate any specific feedback you can give me at the end of the year. I feel like this was a great year, although I have many thoughts in my head about ways I can improve in the future. Over the summer, I plan to work on improving my planning/teaching of curriculum, getting more organized, adding more parent/student resources to my website, among other things. Please CLICK HERE to give me feedback by taking a quick survey. Thank you so much for helping me be a better teacher in the years to come!
Person of the WeekHannah Hilton!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com