|MAP was done in our classroom!|
I hope all of the mothers had a wonderful day on Sunday! My excuse for not sending out my newsletter on time was that I was spending quality time with my family, and then my excuse for not sending it out yesterday was that we had a baby appointment for Eva right after school. She seems to be healthy! :-) Does anyone even read these newsletters anyway? Please click here for a 1-question survey to tell me how often you read my newsletters. Let's keep on pushing through the last few weeks of school to have a summer break worth relaxing for. Make it a great week, everyone!
- May 11 to 15 - Book Swap (for details ask Mrs. Reichen)
- May 12 - Spring Band Concert
- May 19 - Last trip to Neighborhood House!
- May 21 - Class Party: All Birthdays! (1:00-1:50)
- May 22 to 25 - No School (Memorial Day Weekend)
- May 28 - Surprise!!! (2:30pm in Mr. Riedl's room)
- May 29 - Eva Joy Riedl Baby Shower with all 5th graders (1:00-1:50, Auditorium)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 19: Saul | Verse: 1 Samuel 12:24 | Lesson/Verse Quiz Monday 5/18
- Math - Chapter 8
- Science - Plants Unit | Bring simple flower (i.e., rhododendron, iris, lily, daffodil; must see reproductive parts) by 6/2
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit | Check Middle Ages contract for due dates!
- Reading - Working on biography presentations
- Writing - Poetry Unit | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Integrating Wired For Reading with Sitton curriculum | Weekly quizzes
- Grammar - Adverbs Unit | Test Friday
- Other - None
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com