|Mrs. Proulx and I, ready to climb!|
The West Hills Staff and Faculty feels so appreciated by the families at school! Thank you to everyone who wrote notes of encouragement and helped contribute to our STApp Week. We all had a great time at Camp Tilikum! As for classroom news, I rescheduled the Boys' Puberty Talk for this Wednesday afternoon, and the girls will have a study hall with Mrs. Proulx and Mrs. Staley at that time. We will also begin filming our 5th grade music video this week during recesses. Students, please remember that your schoolwork is a priority over filming, so do not neglect your work! Wow... is it already week 30? Yikes! Lots to do before we say goodbye to these 5th graders! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Apr 21 - Spring Musical After School Rehearsal (3-4pm)
- Apr 22 - Spring Musical (7:00pm, Auditorium)
- May 01 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- May 05 - Annual Parent Meeting & Prayer Walk
- May 06 - Progress Reports emailed to families
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 16: Samuel | Verse: 1 Samuel 12:20 | Lesson & Verse Quiz Friday
- Math - Chapter 7 | Test 4/28
- Science - Energy, Work, & Machines Unit | Research Assignment due 4/27 | Test 5/1
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Byzantine Empire Unit | Unit Test Wednesday
- Reading - Fables Unit | Finish reading biography/autobiography book by 5/4
- Writing - Student Fables | Proposal for Creative Writing Project due Monday | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Integrating Wired For Reading with Sitton curriculum | Weekly quizzes
- Grammar - Adverbs Unit
- Other - Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Romantic Period Test 4/28
- Monday, April 20, 12:45-1:40pm
- Thursday, April 23, 9:30-10:20am
- Monday, May 4, 12:45-1:40pm
- Tuesday, May 5, 2:00-2:50pm
Wobble CushionsI have been experimenting in the classroom to see if the students would enjoy sitting on an inflatable "wobble cushion" to help with focus during the day. The idea is that it improves stability of the core muscles when balancing on it. It's like a simplified version of sitting on an exercise ball, and you can place it onto your seat or take it with you since it is portable. Anyway, the students who have tried the one in class seem to really like it. I often forget how uncomfortable the plastic chairs are that they sit on, since I am standing almost the entire day. If I was sitting, I would probably enjoy something like this if I were them. If you think your child might benefit from this, please chat with them about the pros/cons. I know that if just one student used it, they might feel awkward about being the only one, but if multiple students used it, they would likely be more comfortable with it. If anyone would be willing to donate some to the classroom, that would certainly be welcomed too. :-) They are less than $15 each and come in five colors. You can find them on Amazon here. I just wanted to make sure parents knew that it is okay to bring these to class if any of your children ask about getting one. Thanks!
Person of the WeekEmily Jaramillo!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com