|Cupcake Geology Science Lab!|
I hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Break! Thankfully I'm feeling much better and had a nice break to get healthy. We begin the third trimester this week. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Mar 30 - Third Trimester Begins
- Apr 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Apr 03 - Report Cards emailed to families
- Apr 14 - Spring Musical After School EXTENDED Rehearsal (3-5pm)
- Apr 17 - No School (STApp Day)
- Apr 21 - Spring Musical After School Rehearsal (3-4pm)
- Apr 22 - Spring Musical (7:00pm, Auditorium)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 15: Ruth | Verse: Ruth 1:16 |
Lesson & Verse Quiz Thursday
- Math - Chapter 7 (cont.)
- Science - Finish Rocks & Minerals Unit | Rock Collections due Tuesday! (details below) | Unit Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Finish Ancient Rome Unit
- Reading - Fables Unit (cont.) | Read aloud (cont.): The Invisible Girls by Sarah Thebarge (my friend!)
- Writing - Student Fables | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Integrating Wired For Reading with Sitton curriculum (cont.) | Weekly quizzes
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit (cont.)
- Other - None
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) for the Spring sessions begin the week of April 20th. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Stay tuned for the specific dates/times that our class is scheduled. More details to come next week.
Person of the WeekJonah Sears!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com