|Spirit Week was a blast!|
Thanks to all for showing school spirit last week and supporting the Hoop-a-thon fundraiser!!! This week we will be going on a field trip to the Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals. Details for that trip is below. There isn't much time left in the 2nd trimester, so be sure to get all of your schoolwork in before it's too late. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Mar 11 - Field Trip: Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals (9:15-1:30pm)
- Mar 18 - Puberty Talk (details below)
- Mar 19 - End of Second Trimester
- Mar 20 to 29 - No School (Spring Break)
- Mar 30 - Third Trimester Begins
- Apr 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Apr 03 - Report Cards emailed to families
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 12: Samson | Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Math - Chapter 5 (cont.) | Test Wednesday
- Science - Rocks & Minerals Unit (cont.)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Greece Unit (cont.) | Test 3/16
- Reading - Fables Unit
- Writing - Student Fables | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Integrating Wired For Reading with Sitton curriculum (cont.)
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit
- Other - Due Wed: Music Student Sharing Slips | Music Test Friday
Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals to see amazing geological wonders! We will be making the same trip on Wednesday, March 11th, and I remember it being a very memorable time. A bus will take us to Hillsboro from 9:15-1:30pm, so please let me know if you won't be able to make the trip. We will be indoors for most of the time. Bring a sack lunch to be eaten there. If you would like to bring a little spending money to purchase something from the gift shop, that is optional. Last year each student was allowed to choose one rock from a pile outdoors to take home as a souvenir. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Rock Collection ProjectOur science lab instructor, Mrs. Swain, assigned the students a Rock Collection Project, which is due on the morning of Tuesday, March 31st, after Spring Break. Each student should collect at least 8 different rocks or minerals in order to identify them. The students must NOT know the type of rock or mineral collected (it would defeat the purpose of attempting to identify it in Science Lab). Please use an ordinary egg carton to collect them, numbering the carton spots #1-8 for the rocks or minerals to be placed in. If anyone has extra egg cartons at their house, please bring them in for students who do not have one to use for collecting. This has already been explained to the students in class. Thank you, and please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl or Mrs. Swain.
Puberty Talk - March 18thEach year, the 5th and 6th grade classes schedule a talk with the students about adolescence and general changes to expect. This year's Puberty Talk will be held on Wednesday, March 18th. You should have received a permission/email notification from our school nurses. Please read their message and if you do not want your child to attend, you may reply to them indicating that you wish for your child to be excused from this talk. If you do not respond to their email, they will assume that your child has permission to attend. Please feel free to contact me or the school nurses if you have any questions.
Person of the WeekSarah Anderton!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org