|4th trip to Neighborhood House!|
This week is SPIRIT WEEK!!! Show your school spirit!!! ... Monday = Crazy Day ... Tuesday = Hat Day ... Wednesday = 80's Decade Day ... Thursday = Pajama Day ... Friday = Injury Day (class choice) ... Show your school spirit!!! There is also one field trip this week to the Oregon Symphony, and one next week to the Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals. Details for those are below. This is the last week for Hoop-A-Thon, so bring in those sponsors! Make it a great week, everyone!
- NOW to Mar 06 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraising
- Mar 02 to 06 - Spirit Week!
- Mar 03 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (8:45-11:00am)
- Mar 06 - Hoop Day! Be ready to shoot baskets!
- Mar 11 - Field Trip: Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals (9:15-1:30pm)
- Mar 18 - Puberty Talk (details below)
- Mar 19 - End of Second Trimester
- Mar 20 to 29 - No School (Spring Break)
- Mar 30 - Third Trimester Begins
- Apr 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Apr 03 - Report Cards emailed to families
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 12: Samson | Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Math - Chapter 5 (cont.)
- Science - Rocks & Minerals Unit (cont.) | Due 3/16: Unit Research Assignment | Due 3/31: Rock Collection Project
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Greece Unit (cont.)
- Reading - Novel study student quizzes
- Writing - February paragraphs (cont.) | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Integrating Wired For Reading with Sitton curriculum (cont.)
- Grammar - Nouns (cont.)
- Other - None
whcshoop.com! Check it out and watch the fun video Student Council put together, which was shown a couple of weeks ago at the Hoop assembly. Thanks for supporting our school!
Field Trip: Oregon SymphonyWe have a great trip to the Schnitz this Tuesday, March 3rd to hear wonderful music. I remember it being very full of students from other schools as well as our own. We will be taking the bus downtown from 8:45-11am, so please let me know if you won't be able to make it. I would suggest walkable and comfortable shoes. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Field Trip: Rice NW Museum of Rocks and MineralsLast year we had a great trip to the Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals to see amazing geological wonders! We will be making the same trip on Wednesday, March 11th, and I remember it being a very memorable time. A bus will take us to Hillsboro from 9:15-1:30pm, so please let me know if you won't be able to make the trip. We will be indoors for most of the time. Bring a sack lunch to be eaten there. If you would like to bring a little spending money to purchase something from the gift shop, that is optional. Last year each student was allowed to choose one rock from a pile outdoors to take home as a souvenir. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Rock Collection ProjectOur science lab instructor, Mrs. Swain, assigned the students a Rock Collection Project, which is due on the morning of Tuesday, March 31st, after Spring Break. Each student should collect at least 8 different rocks or minerals in order to identify them. The students must NOT know the type of rock or mineral collected (it would defeat the purpose of attempting to identify it in Science Lab). Please use an ordinary egg carton to collect them, numbering the carton spots #1-8 for the rocks or minerals to be placed in. If anyone has extra egg cartons at their house, please bring them in for students who do not have one to use for collecting. This has already been explained to the students in class. Thank you, and please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl or Mrs. Swain.
Puberty Talk - March 18thEach year, the 5th and 6th grade classes schedule a talk with the students about adolescence and general changes to expect. This year's Puberty Talk will be held on Wednesday, March 18th. A permission/email notification from our school nurses will be sent home soon. Please read their message and if you do not want your child to attend, you may reply to them indicating that you wish for your child to be excused from this talk. If you do not respond to their email, they will assume that your child has permission to attend. Please feel free to contact me or the school nurses if you have any questions.
Person of the WeekNatalie Fagen!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com