|Cow eyeball dissection = Awesome!|
This week our second group will go to Neighborhood House, while the first group will be at school doing administrative work for the nonprofit. There are also two field trips coming up before Spring Break, so get excited!!! Unfortunately, I did not have enough time to send out the graded work packets last Friday. They will be sent out this week for sure. And don't forget to bring in those Hoop-A-Thon sponsors! Make it a great week, everyone!
- NOW to Mar 06 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraising
- Feb 24 - Serving at Neighborhood House (Group 2, 12:30-1:45pm)
- Feb 24 - Spring Musical combo after school (3-4pm)
- Mar 02 to 06 - Spirit Week! (details coming soon)
- Mar 03 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (8:45-11:00am)
- Mar 06 - Hoop Day!
- Mar 11 - Field Trip: Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals (9:15-1:30pm)
- Mar 20 to 27 - No School (Spring Break)
- Apr 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 11: Deborah | Verse: Psalm 121:1-2
- Math - Chapter 5
- Science - Begin Rocks & Minerals Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Greece Unit (cont.)
- Reading - Novel study (cont.)
- Writing - February paragraphs (cont.) | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Integrating Wired For Reading with Sitton curriculum
- Grammar - Nouns
- Other - None
whcshoop.com! Check it out and watch the fun video Student Council put together, which was shown on Friday at the Hoop assembly. Thanks for supporting our school!
Neighborhood HouseThe second group will be going to Neighborhood House this Tuesday. Please remember that the students should wear good shoes to walk in, a rain jacket in case it rains on our 15 minute walk to Multnomah Village, and clothes they don't mind getting dirty when we are there volunteering. Let me know if you have any questions and click here for more info.
Field Trip: Oregon SymphonyWe have a great trip to the Schnitz coming up on March 3rd to hear wonderful music. I remember it being very full of students from other schools as well as our own. We will be taking the bus downtown from 8:45-11am, so please let me know if you won't be able to make it. I would suggest walkable and comfortable shoes. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Person of the WeekKate Nordlund!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org