|Helping Neighborhood House again!|
We had another great time serving Neighborhood House last week! One group went to repackage rice and beans, while the other group stayed with Mrs. Staley to decorate wrapping paper for food barrels. Then, later in the week we all decorated the last two sheets, which was lots of fun (see photo). The next group goes to serve in two weeks. Two tests this week, and Hoop-A-Thon info below too. Make it a great week, everyone!
- NOW to Mar 06 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraising
- Feb 24 - Serving at Neighborhood House (Group 2, 12:30-1:45pm)
- Feb 24 - Spring Musical combo after school (3-4pm)
- Mar 02 to 06 - Spirit Week! (details coming soon)
- Mar 03 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (8:45-11:00am)
- Mar 06 - Hoop Day!
- Apr 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 11: Deborah | Verse: Psalm 121:1-2
- Math - Chapter 4 (cont.) | Test Thursday
- Science - Movement & Control Unit (cont.) | Green Packet due Wednesday | Unit Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Greece Unit (cont.) | "The Odyssey"
- Reading - Novel study (cont.)
- Writing - Begin February paragraphs | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Unit 11 (cont.)
- Grammar - Begin Adjectives Unit
- Other - None
whcshoop.com! Check it out and watch the fun video Student Council put together, which was shown on Friday at the Hoop assembly. Thanks for supporting our school!
Neighborhood HouseThe second group will be going to Neighborhood House next week, on February 24th. We still need one parent chaperone to join us on that day! Sign up here. Please remember that the students should wear good shoes to walk in, a rain jacket in case it rains on our 15 minute walk to Multnomah Village, and clothes they don't mind getting dirty when we are there volunteering. Let me know if you have any questions and click here for more info.
Person of the WeekHalen Cain!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com