|Life-sized skeletons in Science Lab!|
This is a big week for our Oregon Battle of Books (OBOB) team! We have one team representing our classroom, so we wish them the best of luck as they battle with the other 4th and 5th grade teams. We are also going back to Neighborhood House this week to volunteer again! See details below for more information about Neighborhood House, valentines, and Take Action INC. Make it a great week, everyone!
- NOW to Feb 13 - Take Action INC Food Drive!
- Feb 09,10,11 - WHCS Tournament for Oregon Battle of the Books
- Feb 10 - Serving at Neighborhood House (Group 1, 12:30-1:45pm)
- Feb 11 - Progress Reports emailed
- Feb 13 - Class Party: Valentine's Day
- Feb 13 to Mar 06 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraising
- Feb 16 - No School (Presidents Day & Mr. and Mrs. Riedl's 1st date anniversary)
- Feb 24 - Serving at Neighborhood House (Group 2, 12:30-1:45pm)
- Feb 24 - Spring Musical combo after school (3-4pm)
- Mar 02 to 06 - Spirit Week! (details coming soon)
- Mar 03 - Field Trip: Oregon Symphony (8:45-11:00am)
- Mar 06 - Hoop Day!
- Apr 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 10: Judges | Verse: Ephesians 2:8-9 | Quiz Thursday or Friday (TBD)
- Math - Chapter 4 (cont.) | Test coming soon (date TBD)
- Science - Movement & Control Unit (cont.) | Research Assignment due Friday | Packet due 2/18 | Unit Test 2/20
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Begin Ancient Greece Unit
- Reading - Novel study (cont.)
- Writing - Sentence Openers (cont.) | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Begin Unit 11
- Grammar - Verbs Unit (cont.) | Unit Test Friday
- Other - None
ValentinesIn 5th grade, many of them do exchange valentines, but some do not. It is optional. The rule we made last year is that if you bring them, you need to bring enough for everyone in the class. As for bringing valentines for students in Mrs. Proulx's class, we will give them a few minutes to switch rooms during recess (not during the party), and they do not need to bring valentines for Mrs. Proulx's entire class, just for one or a few friends if they want to. Here is a classroom list if you want to print it: Roster Sheets - 5th Grade 2014-2015
Neighborhood HouseThe first group will be going to Neighborhood House again this week. I'll remind the students who is in this group on Monday. Please remember that the students should wear good shoes to walk in, bring a rain jacket in case it rains on our 15 minute walk to Multnomah Village, and clothes they don't mind getting dirty when we are there volunteering. Let me know if you have any questions and click here for more info.
Person of the WeekRobby Ruhnke!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org