|We surprised our Reading Buddies!|
This week will be a bit unusual, as I will be in Seattle taking a class with two other WHCS teachers. I will miss four school days over the next two weeks: Thursday and Friday this week and next week. Please welcome Rachael Gelsinger as she will fill in as the substitute teacher while I am gone. Be sure to thank her for coming in and keeping the class on a continued path of learning! Let me know if you need to relay any information to her before I leave. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Jan 19 - No School (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Jan 23 to Feb 13 - Take Action INC Food Drive!
- Jan 27 - Spring Musical combo after school (3:10-4:00pm)
- Feb 02 - No School (Professional Development Day)
- Feb 06 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Feb 09,10,11 - WHCS Tournament for Oregon Battle of the Books
- Feb 11 - Progress Reports emailed
- Feb 13 - Class Party: Valentine's Day
- Feb 16 - No School (Presidents Day & Mr. and Mrs. Riedl's 1st date anniversary)
- Feb 24 - Spring Musical combo after school (3:10-4:00pm)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 8: Joshua and Caleb | Verse: Joshua 1:7 | Quiz 1/27: Lesson 8 & Verse
- Math - Chapter 4
- Science - Light & Sound Unit (cont.) | Turn in green packet and study guide Friday | Unit Test Friday
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Finish Egypt trading card presentations | Begin Israel Unit
- Reading - Begin novel studies
- Writing - Final book report due Tuesday | Student tweets @MrRiedl5th
- Spelling - Unit 9 (cont.)
- Grammar - Verbs Unit (cont.) | Quiz Friday: Irregular Verbs (Part 3 of 3)
- Other - None
Person of the WeekDr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org