Big announcement from the Riedl family! We are expecting another baby!!! Some of you saw the fun, subtle baby announcement that I posted on New Year's Day, but those of you who didn't, see the photo to the right. It is an honor to receive another wonderful blessing from our awesome God. Jen and I pray that God will continue to use us as parents and teachers to our own kids in ways that give glory to Him. As for classroom news, I want to give a huge thank you to all of the students and parents who gifted me and my family with Christmas gifts! We had a great time over the break, enjoying the celebration of Jesus coming humbly to our messed up world. It's so awesome that we can continue to celebrate that miracle even into the new year. Additionally, I finally got around to uploading classroom photos from the last couple of months. Check them out by viewing the link on the Classroom Photos & Videos page! I hope everyone is looking forward to lots of learning in 2015, and I am definitely excited to see you all tomorrow! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Jan 05 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 09 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Jan 09 - Report Cards Emailed
- Jan 19 - No School (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses | Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12
- Quiz Tuesday: Lesson 6 & Verse (forgot to do it 12/18, oops!)
- Math - Chapter 3 (cont.)
- Science - Light & Sound Unit (cont.)
- Due 1/14: Science Unit Research Assignment
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit (cont.) | Designing trading cards
- Due Friday: Research packets with facts/bibliography slips
- Reading - Continue read aloud Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Writing - Continue book reports in class
- Spelling - Unit 9 core words: bright, sent, present, plan, rather
- Grammar - Verbs Unit (cont.)
- Quiz Friday: Irregular Verbs memorization (Part 1 of 3)
- Other - None
Plastic Bottles for Science LabMrs. Swain and I will remind the students to bring a plastic water bottle (or any other beverage that has been cleaned out) to Science Lab on Tuesday, January 13th. It must have a small opening in the top, not large like a Gatorade bottle opening. Please begin bringing them in. The students may use a Sharpie to write their names on them and store them in the classroom until the day we use them.
New Trimester!January also marks the beginning of the second trimester, which will please many students (and parents) who have been trying to keep up with missing work. All students will be starting out this new term with a clean slate. As of new, none of the students have missing work! Let's be sure to encourage good study habits and keep academic work a priority in this new year.
Last Week's Student Tweets
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org