|Christmas tree art in hallway|
Wow, last week was packed tightly with memories! Unfortunately, our class pet, Señora Pez, passed away and was honored in a flushing ceremony hosted by several Pez dispensers. It was a lovely memorial. Thankfully, the rest of the week was more positive, as we continued to celebrate Advent by adding more student ornaments to the Christmas tree in the hallway. If you haven't seen the tree (a grid method art project by the students) in person, please swing by and check it out! Lastly, we wrapped up the week with a fantastic Christmas Concert on Friday night. We all worked hard, and it paid off! This week will be a 4-day week and will be the last days of school for the trimester as well as the year 2014! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Dec 16 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 18 - Class Christmas Party (1:05-1:50pm)
- Dec 19 to Jan 04 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 05 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 09 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Jan 09 - Report Cards Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses | Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:12
- Quiz Thursday: Lesson 6 & Verse
- Math - Chapter 3 (cont.)
- Science - Light & Sound Unit (cont.)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Egypt Unit (cont.)
- Reading - Continue read aloud Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Writing - Continue book reports in class
- Spelling - No spelling unit this week
- Grammar - Verbs Unit (cont.)
- Quizzes coming in January: Irregular Verbs
- Other - None
Gift for Reading BuddiesWe will be exchanging gifts with our Reading Buddies in 1st grade. Gifts should either be hand-made or less than $5 total if store-bought. At the Reading Buddy Christmas Party (on Wednesday, Dec. 17th, in our classroom at 1:15pm), we will participate in fun activities together, exchange gifts, have story time, and eat some tasty popcorn! We are excited!
Late or Missing WorkIt's almost the end of the first trimester, which means I will begin putting report cards together this Friday (the 19th). Be sure to turn in all missing or late work by this Thursday, the 18th, the last day of school before Christmas Break! Feel free to contact me if you have questions about student grades.
Last Week's Student Tweets
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com