|It's unusually cold out there!|
After last week felt strangely fragmented due to the two days off, we hope to have a full five days to get stuff done before Parent-Teacher Conferences and Thanksgiving Break. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Nov 18 - Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:05-4:00pm)
- Nov 21 - Class Thanksgiving Party (1:05-1:50pm)
- Nov 24-28 - No School (Parent Teacher Conferences & Thanksgiving Break)
- Dec 04 - Crusader Chorale performance (6pm, Washington Square Mall)
- Dec 05 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Dec 12 - Christmas Concert, 5th/6th Grade (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 16 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 18 - Class Christmas Party (1:05-1:50pm)
- Dec 19 to Jan 04 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 05 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 09 - Report Cards Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 5: Joseph (cont.) | Verse: Genesis 50:20
- Math - Chapter 2 (cont.)
- Chapter Test Wednesday
- Science - Space Unit (cont.)
- Due Tuesday: Space Project | Due Friday: Research Assignment
- Unit Test 12/3
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Mesopotamia Unit (cont.)
- Unit Test 12/2
- Reading - Begin writing book reports in class
- Due Monday: As-You-Read Book Report Prep Form
- Writing - Dress-ups (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 8 core words: thus, square, moment, teacher, happy | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Verbs Unit will begin after Thanksgiving Break
- Other - None
Space ProjectThe fifth graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on Tuesday, November 18th. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Lego pieces and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects. The projects should be small enough to fit on a desk top. Ideas may include but are not limited to: A model of a space station, a device to help astronauts eat/drink/work in space, a space suit, a spacecraft, robot/rover with a specific purpose, a tool to use in space, a space colony or biosphere, design a sport to play in space, etc. Please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl (email@example.com) or Mrs. Swain (firstname.lastname@example.org). Have fun inventing!
Invitation from Mrs. BrumleyYou’re invited to hear both Crusader Chorale & the 7/8th Grade Ensemble sing at Washington Square Mall (Sears Court) on Thursday, December 4th, at 6:00 pm. This performance includes exclusive selections not performed in the concert. Come join us for this festive WHCS tradition as we boldly proclaim the birth of Jesus to our community!
Last Week's Student Tweets
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org