|Math drills are fun on laptops!|
Thanks to all who came to Honored Guest Day on Friday! It was great to meet many people who are important in the lives of my students. This week is a strange one, since we have school on Monday, then no school Tuesday to recognize Veterans Day, and then we are back for Wednesday through Friday. Hopefully no one will show up on Tuesday morning! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 21 - Class Thanksgiving Party (1:05-1:50pm)
- Nov 24-28 - No School (Parent Teacher Conferences & Thanksgiving Break)
- Dec 04 - Crusader Chorale performance (6pm, Washington Square Mall)
- Dec 05 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Dec 12 - Christmas Concert, 5th/6th Grade (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 16 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Dec 18 - Class Christmas Party (1:05-1:50pm)
- Dec 19 to Jan 04 - No School (Christmas Break)
- Jan 05 - Start of 2nd Trimester
- Jan 09 - Report Cards Emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 5: Joseph | Verse: Ephesians 4:31-32
- Math - Chapter 2 (cont.)
- Science - Space Unit (cont.) | Due 11/18: Space Project | Due 11/21: Research Assignment
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] Mesopotamia Unit (cont.)
- Reading - Due
11/14EXTENDED TO 11/17: As-You-Read Book Report Prep Form
- Writing - Dress-ups (cont.)
- Spelling - No new unit this week
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit (cont.) | Test
11/12Bumped to Friday: Prepositions Unit
- Other - None
Space ProjectThe fifth graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on Tuesday, November 18th. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Lego pieces and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects. The projects should be small enough to fit on a desk top. Ideas may include but are not limited to: A model of a space station, a device to help astronauts eat/drink/work in space, a space suit, a spacecraft, robot/rover with a specific purpose, a tool to use in space, a space colony or biosphere, design a sport to play in space, etc. Please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl (email@example.com) or Mrs. Swain (firstname.lastname@example.org). Have fun inventing!
Parent-Teacher ConferencesPlease sign up for a time slot to meet with me (and Mrs. Proulx, if necessary) if you haven't already. Click this link to view the schedule and sign up. Thank you! I look forward to meeting with you all.
Last Week's Student Tweets
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org