|Serving at Neighborhood House!|
We really enjoyed our first time serving at Neighborhood House last week! Group 2 is anticipating their trip to serve this Tuesday. It will be a very busy first few days as we finish up our preparations for presenting at chapel this Wednesday. All family and friends are welcome to come... see event details below. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Oct 28 - Group 2 serving at Neighborhood House (11:00-12:15pm)
- Oct 29 - Mr. Riedl's class leads chapel for Grades K-2 (8:30am) and Grades 3-5 (9am) (Auditorium)
- Oct 29 - Progress Reports Emailed to Parents
- Nov 07 - Honored Guest Morning (7:30-9:45am)
- Nov 07 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Nov 11 - No School (Veterans Day)
- Nov 24-28 - No School (Parent Teacher Conferences & Thanksgiving Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Finishing skits for chapel video! | Lesson 3: Jacob | Verse: Ephesians 4:24 | Lesson & Verse Quiz 11/7
- Math - Chapter 2 (cont.)
- Science - Begin Space Unit | Research Assignment (due on or before 11/21)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] Geography Unit and Island Project (cont.) | NEW DATE: Due 11/3: Island Project Final
- Reading - Character/Setting skill in the story Davy Crockett Saves the World (cont.) | Due 11/14: As-You-Read Book Report Prep Form
- Writing - Organization Unit: Body paragraph practice | Introduce Dress-ups
- Spelling - Unit 6 core words: mountain, caught, hair, bird, wood | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Prepositions Unit (cont.)
- Other - Music: Lyric Test 10/28
Serving at Neighborhood HouseGroup 2 will be serving at Neighborhood House this Tuesday! If you are in the second group, please remember to wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Please read this link with important details about the trip. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.
Space ProjectThe fifth graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on Tuesday, November 18th. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Lego pieces and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects. The projects should be small enough to fit on a desk top. Ideas may include but are not limited to: A model of a space station, a device to help astronauts eat/drink/work in space, a space suit, a spacecraft, robot/rover with a specific purpose, a tool to use in space, a space colony or biosphere, design a sport to play in space, etc. Please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Swain (email@example.com). Have fun inventing!
Parent-Teacher ConferencesPlease sign up for a time slot to meet with me (and Mrs. Proulx, if necessary) if you haven't already. Click this link to view the schedule and sign up. Thank you! I look forward to meeting with you all.
Last Week's Student Tweets
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com