|Dancing to "La Bamba" after the story|
It was wonderful to greet the parents at Back to School Night last Monday! Thanks to all the parents for getting connected by subscribing to this website, completing the Parent Questionnaire, and offering to volunteer in our classroom! Remember this is a four-day week due to our Professional Development Day on Friday, so no school that day. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Sep 19 - No School (Professional Development)
- Sep 23 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (9:30am-12:00pm)
- Oct 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Oct 04 - Crusader Day! (11am-3pm)
- Oct 16,17 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 27 - School Picture Retakes
- Oct 29 - Mr. Riedl's class leads chapel for Grades K-2 (8:30am) and Grades 3-5 (9am) (Auditorium)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 1: God's Word Is True | Verse: Romans 15:4 | Test 9/26
- Math - Chapter 1 (cont.)
- Science - Populations & Ecosystems Unit (cont.) | Research Assignment (due before/on 10/13) | Unit Test 10/15
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Geography Unit (cont.) | Introduce Island Project & due dates | Quiz Monday: Continents & Oceans
- Reading - Train students in Reading/Lit Groups procedures (cont.) | Begin character/plot skill in the story Miss Alaineous
- Writing - 6 Traits of Writing curriculum: Ideas Unit (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 2 core words: grew, listen, ask, single, clear | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Prepositions Unit
- Other - Chorale begins for 5th Graders! Come check it out! Girls at Lunch Recess on Monday 9/15; Boys at Lunch Recess on Tuesday 9/16. (It's not too late to sign up!)
Last Week's Student Tweets
- Today we watched the Slow Mo Guys explode a six foot water balloon! We got to see the details in slow motion. #SlowMoGuys -MC #studentweet 2014-09-12
- Today we did Read to Self. I went under my desk and I fit perfectly! It was comfy. -CS #studentweet 2014-09-11
- Today we felt rambunctious and divine, with a side of two books. #meal -JF #studentweet 2014-09-10
- Today Mr. Riedl read to us a story! He read with so much excitement and emotions! #awesome -NF #studentweet 2014-09-09
- Today we had a quiz about Mr. Riedl's rules and procedures and we got all of our classroom jobs. -OG #studentweet 2014-09-08
- [more] - click to view entire #studentweet list
Swiffer Replacement HeadsThanks to those of you who donated extra Swiffer replacement heads or money to buy more! I think we have enough to last us for quite a while. The classroom is lookin' spiffy!
Parent QuestionnaireThis is a new record for the fastest year that the Parent Questionnaires were submitted! I appreciate your cooperation very much. Thank you!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com