|First assembly & all-school photo|
We had a wonderful first week! The students have been asking great questions, and I hope they are looking forward to their first quiz on Monday... The Rules & Procedures Quiz will be given to make sure they understand the most important elements of classroom flow. Back to School Night is tomorrow evening, and I look forward to talking with all the parents. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Sep 08 - Back to School Night (6:30pm) (parents only)
- Sep 19 - No School (Professional Development)
- Sep 23 - Field Trip: Tryon Creek State Park (time TBD)
- Oct 03 - First Friday Spirit Day! Show WHCS School Spirit!
- Oct 04 - Crusader Day! (11am-3pm)
- Oct 16,17 - No School (Professional Development)
- Oct 27 - School Picture Retakes
- Oct 29 - Mr. Riedl's class leads chapel for Grades K-2 (8:30am) and Grades 3-5 (9am) (Auditorium)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Crusader Code & Old Testament Overview | Verse: Romans 15:4
- Math - Begin Chapter 2
- Science - Begin Populations & Ecosystems Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Begin Geography Unit | Introduction to Island Project
- Reading - Train students in Reading/Lit Groups procedures
- Writing - Begin 6 Traits of Writing curriculum: Ideas Unit
- Spelling - Unit 1 core words: music, buy, window, mark, heat | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Prepositions Unit
- Other - Quiz Monday: Rules & Procedures
Last Week's Student Tweets
- Today we switched classes just for History and Mrs. Proulx brought out Martin (her guitar) and we sang songs. #martin -KC #studentweet 2014-09-05
- I learned that Mr. Riedl has Poland Syndrome. Ultimate frisbee is super duper fun, and that we had too many people. #bob -RR #studentweet 2014-09-04
- We learned about @MrRiedl's Pez collection! #studentweet 2014-09-03
- Students feel: happy (x4), determined, nervous, scared, abnoxshus, excited (x8), & swag before 1st day. #studentweet 2014-09-02
- [more] - click to view entire #studentweet list
Back to School NightTomorrow night, from 6:30-8:30pm, parents (no kids) are invited to come back to the classroom and learn a little bit more about me, what we will be learning this year, how to stay involved, how to navigate my website, etc. Additionally, since our class switches rooms with Mrs. Proulx's class for Social Studies, she would love to meet you and answer any specific Social Studies questions or other general questions you might have for her.
Swiffer Replacement Heads
Parent QuestionnaireIn my welcome back letter and my previous newsletter, I asked the parents to please complete the Parent Questionnaire to give me some background info about how I can be the best teacher I can be. If you have not yet completed that, it would be great if you could do so before Back to School Night. Thank you!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com