|Compound Machine Designs|
We have a wonderful opportunity to support our school by participating in a surprise field trip this year! On the last full week of school, we will be going to watch West Hill's very first marching band in the Junior Rose Parade! We will definitely need some parent volunteers, so please read more details below. Only 20 days of school left... Make it a great week, everyone!
- May 12 to 16 - Book Swap
- May 22 - Class Birthday Party (2:15pm)
- May 23 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
- May 26 - No School (Memorial Day)
- June 04 - Field Trip: Junior Rose Parade (time TBD)
- June 09 - Field Trip: Tigard Bowl & Pizza Caboose (10:15-1:00pm)
- June 10 - Last day of school! (11:30am dismissal)
- June 10 - All School Family Picnic (12-3pm)
- June 13 - Report Cards emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 15: Ruth | Verse: Ruth 1:16
- Math - Chapter 8 (cont.) | Quiz Wednesday
- Science - Plants Unit | Due 5/22: Bring simple flower to lab (Yes: rhododendron, lily, tulip, iris; No: rose, dandelion, daisy)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit (cont.) | Due 5/19: Middle Ages Project visual AND final draft
- Reading - The Cay (cont.)
- Writing - Poetry Unit (cont.) | Due 6/4: Creative Writing Project (details below)
- Spelling - Unit 24 core words: he's, unit, flat, direction, south | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Adverbs Unit (cont.) | Test Friday
Creative Writing ProjectAfter writing so many book reports and research projects, I wanted to make sure my students had an opportunity to get creative with one final writing assignment. On Friday I presented these instructions to the students, and I hope they have fun with it. It will be due on June 4th, and I will only give them a limited amount of time to work on it in class.
- Grading criteria for the Creative Writing Project (50 total points)
- Must be at least a page long (or equivalent length if in alternate format such as skit, video, children's book, etc.) (10 points)
- Must begin with "One day, I was walking down the road, and I saw..." (10 points)
- Must be creativ
ite (20 points)
- Must be well organized, good grammar/spelling/etc., double-spaced if typed, neat, etc. (10 points)
Book SwapGet ready for summer reading with our library's upcoming BOOK SWAP! It will take place Monday through Friday May 12-16. Students can bring up to five gently used, high quality books to swap for other good books to read. Once books have been reviewed and approved by Mrs. Reichen, students will be able to choose books from the Book Swap table located in the hall outside the library front doors. Books can be swapped during library class, before and after school and during recess. Books should be at or above the student's reading level so that there will be enough books for all grade levels. What a great way to stock up on new books for summertime reading!
Surprise Field Trip: Junior Rose Parade (HELP NEEDED)We get an awesome opportunity to support the West Hills marching band in this year's Junior Rose Parade! It'll be coming up before we know it, on June 4th, so please let me know if any parents, grandparents, etc. would like to chaperone. We would like as many volunteers with us as possible, and there should be room for you on the bus so you don't have to park and try to find us in the crowds. More details coming soon.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org