|More filming for 5th grade video!|
Thank you so much to all those who contributed to Staff/Teacher Appreciation Week! It it always so wonderful to be appreciated, but what I appreciate the most is how the parents work hard to raise their kids well and how the students work hard to be diligent with their responsibilities. That is what means the most to me! So, I really appreciate all that I see the families doing each and every day. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Apr 21 - Spring MAP begins school-wide
- Apr 22 - Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:05-4:10pm)
- Apr 23 - Spring Chorale Concert (8:30am, Auditorium)
- May 02 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- May 06 - Parent Meeting (6pm)
- May 06 - Next year's 6th grade outdoor school info meeting (after Parent Meeting, Mr. Middleton's room)
- May 07 - Progress Reports emailed
- May 09 - Spring Concert (1st/2nd Graders) (7pm, Auditorium)
- May 22 - Class Birthday Party (2:15pm)
- May 23 - No School (Teacher Work Day)
- May 26 - No School (Memorial Day)
- June 09 - Field Trip: Tigard Bowl & Pizza Caboose (10:15-1:00pm)
- June 10 - Last day of school! (11:30am dismissal)
- June 10 - All School Family Picnic (12-3pm)
- June 13 - Report Cards emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 12: Gideon (cont.) | Verse: Isaiah 41:10 | Quiz Thursday: Verse
- Math - Chapter 7 (cont.)
- Science - Energy, Work, and Machines Unit (cont.)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit (cont.) | Due
Thursday5/1: First copy draft
- Reading - Poetry Unit (cont.)
- Writing - Finishing/presenting Biography Presentations
- Spelling - Unit 21 core words: shape, eight, edge, soft, village | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Adverbs Unit
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Test 4/28: Romantic Period
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) for the Spring sessions begins on Wednesday, April 23rd. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Wednesday, April 23rd, 10:45-11:45am
- Thursday, May 1st, 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, May 7th, 2:00-3:00pm
Updates to Riedlteach.comI recently updated the following pages (on or relating to my website), so please check them out: Classroom Photos & Videos page, Cave Canum Mosaic Art 2014-04-17 (new photo album), five new buttons on the front page of the site: 1) Weekly Newsletters, 2) Online Grade Book link, 3) Missing Work Procedures & Returning Graded Work, 4) Volunteering in the classroom, 5) Classroom Pet page, and Forms & Resources page.
Let me know if you need help navigating my site in any way. I am in the process of making it easier for families to find what they need, so any feedback that would be helpful for the future would be most appreciated!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org