|Beautiful new computers in lab|
Students began brainstorming last week about their biography presentations. We will continue in class with the writing portion of the project, and putting it together on either a poster or slideshow presentation will be done at home. I sent an email last week explaining that I will no longer email individualized missing work lists. Now that we have open grade book, I will just send a quick notice when I have updated my grades so that you can just go look at the details yourself (see below for more info). So far, it has been great to hear many positive responses about student grades online! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Apr 15 - Chorale Extended After School Rehearsal (3-5pm)
- Apr 18 - No School (STApp Event)
- Apr 21 - Spring MAP begins school-wide
- Apr 23 - Spring Chorale Concert (8:30am, Auditorium)
- May 02 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- May 07 - Progress Reports emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 12: Gideon | Verse: Isaiah 41:10 | Quiz 4/24: Lesson & Verse
- Math - Chapter 7 (cont.) | Quiz Tuesday: Chapter 7a
- Science - Begin Energy, Work, and Machines Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit (cont.) | Due Thursday: Project outline
- Reading - Poetry Unit
- Writing - Writing for biography character presentations
- Spelling - Unit 20 core words: reach, lot, won't, case, speak | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit (cont.) | Test Tuesday: Adjectives Unit
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) for the Spring sessions begins on Wednesday, April 23rd. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Wednesday, April 23rd, 10:45-11:45am
- Thursday, May 1st, 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, May 7th, 2:00-3:00pm
Open Grade Book info for the 3rd Trimester!
You should have already received an email from Principal Stefan about it. Click to view the Renweb Grade Book Viewing Steps, and Mrs. Balsiger and I even put a tutorial video together to show you how to log in (see embedded video to the right). Please check it out, and let me know if you have any questions!
Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com