|End-of-year video filming!|
This week we will be wrapping up our biography book reports and beginning work on our biography presentations. Poetry also begins this week, as we prepare to make our own poetry books. The students may have mentioned at home that we have begun filming for our end-of-year music video, to the song Happy. We are only filming during recess and the students have submitted great ideas! This is such a fun year as we learn and grow together! Make it a great week, everyone!
- Apr 11 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Apr 15 - Chorale Extended After School Rehearsal (3-5pm)
- Apr 18 - No School (STApp Event)
- Apr 21 - Spring MAP begins school-wide
- Apr 23 - Spring Chorale Concert (8:30am, Auditorium)
- May 02 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- May 07 - Progress Reports emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 11: Deborah Helps Others | Verse: Psalm 121:1-2 | Quiz 4/10: Lesson & Verse
- Math - Chapter 7 (cont.)
- Science - Finish Solid Earth Unit | Test 4/9: Solid Earth Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Middle Ages Unit (cont.)
- Reading - Finish summarizing skill in Ultimate Field Trip 5 (cont.)
- Writing - Due Monday: Biography Book Report | Prepare for biography character presentations | Begin Poetry Unit
- Spelling - Unit 19 core words: oil, modern, fun, catch, business | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit (cont.)
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) for the Spring sessions begins on Wednesday, April 23rd. To ensure results that accurately reflect student knowledge, it is important that each student has plenty of rest, has a good breakfast, and does not have interruptions (i.e., doctor appointments) scheduled during the time of their tests. Let me know if you have any questions about the following schedule for our class:
- Wednesday, April 23rd, 10:45-11:45am
- Thursday, May 1st, 8:30-9:30am
- Wednesday, May 7th, 2:00-3:00pm
Open Grade Book info for the 3rd Trimester!
You should have already received an email from Principal Stefan about it. Click to view the Renweb Grade Book Viewing Steps, and Mrs. Balsiger and I even put a tutorial video together to show you how to log in (see embedded video to the right). Please check it out, and let me know if you have any questions!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org