Welcome back! Spring Break is over and our goal is the end of the school year. We desire to finish well and be proud of what we have (and will) accomplish at the end. It starts with an enthusiastic "YES!" when asking ourselves if we have the energy to continue. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Mar 31 - School resumes
- Apr 04 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- Apr 04 - Report cards emailed to parents/guardians
- Apr 11 - Band Concert (7pm, Auditorium)
- Apr 18 - No School (STApp Event)
- Apr 21 - Spring MAP begins
- Apr 23 - Spring Chorale Concert (8:30am, Auditorium)
- May 07 - Progress Reports emailed
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 11: Deborah Helps Others | Verse: Psalm 121:1-2 | Quiz 4/8: Lesson & Verse
- Math - Begin Chapter 7
- Science - Solid Earth Unit (cont.) | Due 4/3: Rock collection project | Test 4/9: Solid Earth Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Begin Middle Ages Unit
- Reading - Summarizing skill in Ultimate Field Trip 5 (cont.)
- Writing - Finish biography book reports
- Spelling - Unit 18 core words: sleep, iron, trouble, store, beside | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit (cont.)
Rock Collection ProjectOur science lab instructor, Mrs. Swain, assigned the students a Rock Collection Project, which is due on the morning of Thursday, April 3rd, after Spring Break. Each student should collect at least 8 different rocks or minerals in order to identify them. The students must not know the type of rock or mineral collected (it would defeat the purpose of attempting to identify it in science lab). Please use an ordinary egg carton to collect them, numbering the carton spots #1-8 for the rocks or minerals to be placed in. If anyone has extra egg cartons at their house, please bring them in for students who do not have one to use for collecting. This has already been explained to the students in class. Thank you, and please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl or Mrs. Swain.
Open Grade Book coming soon for the 3rd Trimester!
I am excited to announce that all of these dreams will now come true, and we will be able to team up even more to help your child succeed. If I had a child in the 5th grade, I would love to be able to view detailed summaries of their assignments and how each one might be affecting their grade overall. That way, I can show them how different scores are weighted, how they affect overall grades, and teach them how to keep track of not only missing assignments but also how to be strategic with doing their best academically.
Beginning in the 3rd trimester, we will be adopting an open grade book online to benefit you and your child. You should have already received an email from Principal Stefan about it. Mrs. Balsiger and I even put a tutorial video together to show you how to log in (see embedded video to the right). Please check it out, and let me know if you have any questions!
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org