|Hoop Day last Friday!|
We had a great week full of basketball and spirit! We raised a lot of money for our school--thank you for contributing! There are only 9 school days left before Spring Break, so let's be sure to finish by doing our very best. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Mar 14 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- Mar 14 - Patriotic Program (3rd-4th Grade, 7-8:30pm)
- Mar 18 - Puberty Talk (details below)
- Mar 19 - Rice Rock Museum Field Trip (9-1:30pm)
- Mar 21 to 30 - No School (Spring Break)
- Mar 31 - School resumes
- Apr 04 - Report cards emailed to parents/guardians
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 10: God Uses Judges | Verse: Ephesians 2:8-9 | Quiz 3/20: Lesson & Verse
- Math - Chapter 5 (cont.) | Quiz Tuesday: Chapter 5b
- Science - Rocks & Minerals Unit (cont.)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Rome Unit (cont.) | Test
TuesdayWednesday: Ancient Rome Unit
- Reading - Finish read aloud: Invisible Girls by Sarah Thebarge
- Writing - Biography book report outlines (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 17 core words: north, seven, famous, late, pay | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Adjectives Unit (cont.)
- Other - Due Wednesday: Music slips
Puberty Talk - March 18thEach year, fifth and sixth grade schedule a talk with the students about adolescence and general changes to expect. This year's Puberty Talk will be held on Tuesday, March 18th. A permission/email notification from our school nurses was sent home last week. Please read their message and if you do not want your child to attend, you may reply to them indicating that you wish for your child to be excused from this talk. If you do not respond to their email, they will assume that your child has permission to attend. Please feel free to contact me or the school nurses if you have any questions.
Rock Collection ProjectOur science lab instructor, Mrs. Swain, assigned the students a Rock Collection Project, which is due on the morning of Thursday, April 3rd, after Spring Break. Each student should collect at least 8 different rocks or minerals in order to identify them. The students must not know the type of rock or mineral collected (it would defeat the purpose of attempting to identify it in science lab). Please use an ordinary egg carton to collect them, numbering the carton spots #1-8 for the rocks or minerals to be placed in. If anyone has extra egg cartons at their house, please bring them in for students who do not have one to use for collecting. This has already been explained to the students in class. Thank you, and please direct any questions to Mr. Riedl or Mrs. Swain.
Rice Rock Museum field trip - March 19thLast year we had a great trip to the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks & Minerals to see amazing geological wonders! We will be making the same trip on Wednesday, March 19th, and I remember it being a very memorable time. A bus will take us to Hillsboro from 9am-1pm, so please let me know if you won't be able to make it. We will be indoors for most of the trip. Bring a sack lunch to be eaten there. If you would like to bring a little spending money to purchase something from the gift shop, that is optional. Last year each student was allowed to choose one rock from a pile outdoors to take home as a souvenir. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com