|Oregon Symphony field trip|
Spirit Week starts tomorrow!!! Monday is Super Hero Day! Tuesday is Formal Day! Wednesday is Mustache Day! Thursday is Pajama Day! Friday is School Colors Day (red/black) and Hoop Day! Please remember to bring in those pledges and raise money for computers for our school. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Now until Mar.7 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraiser!
- Mar 03 - Monday: Super Hero Day!
- Mar 04 - Tuesday: Formal Day!
- Mar 05 - Wednesday: Mustache Day!
- Mar 06 - Thursday: Pajama Day!
- Mar 07 - Friday: School Colors Day (red/black) and Hoop Day!
- Mar 14 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- Mar 14 - Patriotic Program (3rd-4th Grade, 7-8:30pm)
- Mar 18 - Puberty Talk (details below)
- Mar 19 - Rice Rock Museum Field Trip (9-1:30pm)
- Mar 21 to 30 - No School (Spring Break)
- Mar 31 - School resumes
- Apr 04 - Report cards emailed to parents/guardians
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 9: Achan Tries to Hide His Sin | Verse: 1 John 1:8 | Quiz Thursday: Lesson & Verse
- Math - Chapter 5 (cont.)
- Science - Rocks & Minerals Unit (cont.)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Rome Unit (cont.)
- Reading - Read aloud: Invisible Girls by Sarah Thebarge | Due Monday: Finish reading (auto)biography book & complete "As-You-Read" Form
- Writing - Begin biography book report outlines
- Spelling - No new unit | Addressed informally, taken from various writing activities
- Grammar - Finish Nouns packet | Begin Adjectives Unit
Puberty Talk - March 18thEach year, fifth and sixth grade schedule a talk with the students about adolescence and general changes to expect. This year's Puberty Talk will be held on Tuesday, March 18th. A permission/email notification from our school nurses will be sent home this week. Please read their message and if you do not want your child to attend, you may reply to them indicating that you wish for your child to be excused from this talk. If you do not respond to their email, they will assume that your child has permission to attend. Please feel free to contact me or the school nurses if you have any questions.
Hoop-A-Thon Fundraiser!From now until March 7th, our entire school will be working together to raise money for our Computer Lab! Hoop-A-Thon details are located here on the school website. We will have a super fun Spirit Week coming up soon, so stay tuned for details. The final Hoop Day will be on March 7th, where all of the students in the school shoot hoops to raise funds for our school! Thank you for supporting our community!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org