|Principal Pig visited our room!|
Thanks so much to all of the parents who helped out with the party last Friday! It was a lot of fun and a great way to start this nice 3-day weekend. I hope everyone is refreshed coming back, as we work to finish the last few weeks of the second trimester. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Now until Mar.7 - Hoop-A-Thon Fundraiser!
- Feb 27 - Oregon Symphony Field Trip (8:45-11am)
- Mar 07 - Hoop-a-thon (Hoop Day!)
- Mar 14 - Patriotic Program (3rd-4th Grade, 7-8:30pm)
- Mar 19 - Rice Rock Museum Field Trip (9-1:30pm)
- Mar 21 to 30 - No School (Spring Break)
- Mar 31 - School resumes
- Apr 04 - Report cards emailed to parents/guardians
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 8: Joshua and Caleb | Quiz Thursday: Lesson 8 & Joshua 1:7 (link)
- Math - Begin Chapter 5
- Science - Movement & Control Unit (cont.) | Test 2/26: Movement & Control Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Finish Ancient Greece Unit | Test Thursday: Ancient Greece Unit
- Reading - Finish Fables Unit | Work from It's All Greek To Me | Due 2/28: Finish reading (auto)biography book
- Writing - Finish student fables
- Spelling - Unit 15 core words: child, strange, wish, soil, human | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Finish Verbs Unit | Test Friday: Verbs Unit
Discussion about drugs on WednesdayLast year I had a parent who told me that they would have appreciated a heads up about our science discussion about drugs that is coming up on Wednesday. It is all out of our curriculum, and if you prefer to take a look at the topics discussed ahead of time, they are located on pages G46-63 in the science textbook. Students typically ask great questions about topics like steroids in sports and other news-related issues. I answer questions I feel comfortable addressing as a group, but the complex questions I usually suggest they go home and ask their parents. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Music UpdateThe Baroque Period Test has been postponed until Thursday, Feb. 20th. Students received their study guides a few weeks ago. Feel free to direct any questions to Mrs. Brumley (although she just had surgery, so I'm not sure how immediate her responses will be).
Hoop-A-Thon Fundraiser!From now until March 7th, our entire school will be working together to raise money for our Computer Lab! Hoop-A-Thon details are located here on the school website. We will have a super fun Spirit Week coming up soon, so stay tuned for details. The final Hoop Day will be on March 7th, where all of the students in the school shoot hoops to raise funds for our school! Thank you for supporting our community!
click here--she is walking!!)
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org