Due to the early release last Thursday and the snow day on Friday, we were unable to send out last week's graded work. Please look for that early this week. Progress reports will be emailed this Wednesday, and please remember that this is just an update on how each student is doing at this point in time. There is plenty of time left in the trimester to improve grades by working extra hard. Additionally, due to the possibility of Monday's travel conditions being difficult (icy roads), this week's plans are subject to change. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Now until Feb.14 - Take Action Inc. Food Drive!
- Feb 12 - Progress Reports emailed
- Feb 14 - Patriotic Party (2:10pm in our classroom)
- Feb 17 - No School (Presidents Day)
- Feb 27 - Oregon Symphony Field Trip (8:45-11am)
- Feb 27 - Hoop-a-thon Begins!
- Mar 07 - Hoop-a-thon
- Mar 14 - Patriotic Program (3rd-4th Grade, 7-8:30pm)
- Mar 19 - Rice Rock Museum Field Trip (9-1:30pm)
- Mar 21 to 30 - No School (Spring Break)
- Mar 31 - School resumes
- Apr 04 - Report cards emailed to parents/guardians
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 8: Joshua and Caleb | Quiz Friday: Lesson 8 & Joshua 1:7 (link)
- Math - Chapter 4 (cont.) | Test Friday: Chapter 4
- Science - Movement & Control Unit (cont.)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Ancient Greece Unit (cont.) | Test date TBD: Ancient Greece Unit
- Reading - Fables Unit (cont.) | Work from It's All Greek To Me
- Writing - Student fables
- Spelling - No new unit | Addressed informally, taken from various writing activities
- Grammar - Verbs Unit (cont.) | Test 2/20: Verbs Unit
Valentines?Several parents have asked me if we exchange valentines for Valentine's Day (the same day as our "Patriotic Party"). In 5th grade, many of them do exchange valentines, but some do not. It is optional. The rule we made last year is that if you bring them, you need to bring enough for everyone in the class. As for bringing valentines for students in Mrs. Proulx's class, we will give them a few minutes to switch rooms, and they do not need to bring valentines for Mrs. Proulx's entire class, just for one or a few friends if they want to. Please let me know if you have additional questions.
New Subscription Request for Riedlteach.comThose of you who are subscribed by email to my website updates should have received an email from me regarding staying subscribed. You were directed to accept the invitation sent to you by Feedburner, and many of you have already done so. Thank you! For those of you who have not (you probably aren't receiving this post anyway because of it), please click here to make sure you are subscribed.
Music UpdateThe Baroque Period Test has been postponed until Thursday, Feb. 20th. Students received their study guides two weeks ago. Feel free to direct any questions to Mrs. Brumley (although she just had surgery, so I'm not sure how immediate her responses will be).
Take Action Inc. Food Drive!From now until February 14th, our entire school will be working together to support Take Action Inc. and their mission to help children who often go without food for entire weekends when they are not in school to eat. Please look for "The List" in the student mailboxes to know what to bring it to donate!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com