|Wired For Reading course|
Last week was a busy one for me, as I stayed late after school for a couple of days to finish up report cards, and I also stayed late after school for a couple of days to participate in a Wired For Reading course. The 3-day class concluded on Saturday, as we learned a variety things to help us teach spelling, grammar, and writing more clearly. For this week, please read the announcements below. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Jan 16 - Geography Bee (2:10pm in Auditorium)
- Jan 20 - No School (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Jan 23 - Take Action Inc. Kick-Off
- Jan 27 - Parent Meeting (7pm)
- Jan 28 - Crusader Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:10-4:10pm)
- Feb 03 - No School (Professional Development Day)
- Feb 07 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- Feb 12 - Progress Reports emailed
- Feb 14 - Patriotic Party (2:10pm in our classroom)
- Feb 17 - No School (Presidents Day)
- Feb 27 - Oregon Symphony Field Trip (8:45-11am)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses | Quiz Thursday: Lesson 6 & 1 Corinthians 14:12 (link)
- Math - Begin Chapter 4
- Science - Light & Sound Unit (cont.) | Test 1/22: Light & Sound Unit
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Israel Unit (cont.) | Test Thursday: Israel Unit
- Reading - Finish reading aloud Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy
- Writing - Finish book reports in class on Monday | Begin Sentence Openers
- Spelling - Unit 13 core words: plane, street, couldn't, reason, difference | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Verbs Unit (cont.) | Quiz Friday: Irregular verbs memorization (Part 2 of 3)
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - Chorale Girls (Tue.) and Boys (Wed.) start at lunch recess (then ongoing)
Remember plastic bottles for Science Lab!
New System for Delivering ConsequencesOn Monday I will post details about my new system for delivering consequences to the students. I have already communicated this to the students, so if any parents want to ask them what the new consequences are after receiving a warning in class, feel free to ask them how they will be kept accountable. Details to follow...
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | email@example.com