Thank you so much to all of the parents and students for all of the wonderful Christmas gifts our family received! Jen and I were overwhelmed with the generosity and love we felt when opening each and every one. :-)
We are back on track this week, after a long break! Because we were unable to finish the book reports before the end of 2013, that will be our main goal after relearning classroom rules and expectations in this new year. It will be great to see all of you tomorrow. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Jan 10 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- Jan 10 - Report cards emailed to parents/guardians
- Jan 11 - Delaney's Birthday!
- Jan 20 - No School (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Jan 23 - Take Action Inc. Kick-Off
- Jan 27 - Parent Meeting (7pm)
- Jan 28 - Crusader Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:10-4:10pm)
- Feb 03 - No School (Professional Development Day)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 6: Moses | Quiz 1/14: Lesson 6 & 1 Corinthians 14:12 (link)
- Math - Chapter 3 (cont.) | Test Thursday: Chapter 3
- Science - Light & Sound Unit (cont.)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Continuing after Egypt Chapter 2
- Reading - Reading aloud Treasure of the Hidden Tomb by Tad Hardy (cont.)
- Writing - Finish book reports in class
- Spelling - Unit 12 core words: natural, ocean, government, baby, grass | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Verbs Unit (cont.) | Quiz Friday: Irregular verbs memorization (Part 1 of 3)
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - No updates
New Trimester!January also marks the beginning of the second trimester, which will please many students (and parents) who have been trying to keep up with missing work. All students will be starting out this new term with a clean slate. As of now, none of the students have missing work! Let's be sure to encourage good study habits and keep academic work a priority in this new year.
Person of the WeekIsaac Nelson!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org