Just a reminder that there is no school on Monday due to Veterans Day! Be sure to spend some time reflecting on the sacrifices that men and women in our military make so that we can have freedom in this country. Make it a great week, everyone!
- Nov 19 - Crusader Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:10-4:10pm)
- Nov 22 - Harvest Party! (2:10-2:50pm)
- Nov 25,26 - No School (Parent-Teacher Conferences)
- Nov 27-29 - No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- Dec 03 - Crusader Chorale After School Rehearsal (3:10-4:10pm)
- Dec 05 - Chorale Concert (6pm, Washington Square Mall)
- Dec 06 - Wear West Hills Day! Show School Spirit!
- Dec 11 - Crusader Chorale Before School Rehearsal (7:30am)
- Dec 13 - Crusader Chorale Before School Rehearsal (8am)
- Dec 13 - Christmas Concert (8:30am and 7pm)
- Dec 17 - Christmas Band Concert (7-8:30pm)
- Dec 19 - Christmas Party! (2:10-2:50pm)
- Dec 20-Jan 03 - No School (Christmas Break)
- [more] - click to view calendar
Curriculum and Exams
- Bible - Lesson 4: Joseph Forgives | Quiz 11/21: Lesson 4 & Ephesians 4:31-32 (link)
- Math - Finish Chapter 1 | Test Thursday: Chapter 1
- Science - Space Unit (cont.) | Due Thursday: Space Project (details below)
- Social Studies [Mrs. Proulx] - Finish Mesopotamia Unit | Test early next week
- Reading - Sample book report for Pigsty (cont.) | Due 11/18: Complete form & read book for book report
- Writing - Dress-Ups in Booklice paragraph (cont.)
- Spelling - Unit 8 core words: thus, square, moment, teacher, happy | Tests given weekly
- Grammar - Begin Adjectives Unit
- Music [Mrs. Brumley] - No updates
Space ProjectThe Fifth Graders are designing and constructing models of space projects to present in Science Lab on November 14. The projects are to be made at home using materials found in the home. Please do not go out and spend money on this project. Legos and similar toys can be used as part of the project if the design is original. No pre-made projects please. The projects should be small enough to fit on the top of a desk. Ideas may include but are not limited to:
- Design and build a model of a space station. Be sure to include information about the inside if not shown.
- Invent or improve on a device to help astronauts eat or drink in space.
- Design a space suit for a person or a pet.
- Build a model of a biosphere on the moon. Show the inside.
- Design a space shuttle to take the general public to the moon.
- Design a model of a robot or a Rover that can be used to collect samples and information on a planet or the moon.
- Create a tool that could be used in space.
- Design a store for a space colony.
- Design a sport to play in space or modify an earth sport to play in space.
- Design a biosphere that people could live in while on the moon.
Please e-mail any questions you might have about the project. Thank you for your help.
Susan Swain & Mr. Riedl
Person of the WeekJackson Passaglia!
Other School-wide EventsVisit the News & Events page to learn more about other school-wide events at West Hills Christian School. Please subscribe to stay updated. Thanks so much!
Teacher ContactMr. Riedl | www.riedlteach.com | 503-609-0109 | email@example.com
Mrs. Proulx | visit her website | 503-977-5488 | firstname.lastname@example.org